3 min read ⌚
The Ultimate Guide for Starting Sales Conversations and Filling the Pipeline by Leveraging Social Selling, Telephone, E-Mail, and Cold Calling
Are you a salesperson who wants to learn how to finally reach peak performance?
Then, this is the book for you.
About Jeb Blount
Jeb Blount is an author and a sales acceleration specialist who helps companies improve their sales results.
“Fanatical Prospecting Summary”
Many sales “experts” believe that the days of prospecting are over.
However, they are wrong.
Prospecting has not lost its importance in sales. Many salespeople do not reach the wanted results because they do not prospect.
When it comes to prospecting, three core laws are at play:
- “The Universal Law of Need”
The more you need a sale, the less are the chances of getting it.
Because of desperation.
To avoid desperation, fill up your pipeline and prospect whenever and wherever you can.
- “The 30-Day Rule”
In the next 90 days, you will feel the benefits and results of the prospecting you did for the previous 30 days.
What this means is that if you miss a day of prospecting in the 30 days of prospecting, you will come up short accordingly in the next 90 days.
- “The Law of Replacement”
The moment you succeed to make a sale, replace the prospect with a new one, in order to keep the pipeline full and healthy.
When you grasp these three laws, you will get that all of your accomplishments from the past mean nothing today.
What matters in prospecting is the present moment and the future.
The prospecting formula is as follows: What (quality) you put into the pipe and how much (quantity) determines what you get out of the pipe.”
Moreover, being and surviving in sales means that you have to be mentally tough.
Mental toughness is connected to four factors:
- “Desire”: How bad do you want it?
- “Mental resilience”: study and practice to continually improve your knowledge and skills.
- “Out-learn equals out-earn”: to stay competitive you need to learn constantly.
- “Physical resilience”: your mental energy depends on your physical strength. Since people in sales face many rejections, they need intense psychological energy.
Key Lessons from “Fanatical Prospecting”
1. Seven Mind-Sets of Fanatical Prospectors
2. Five-Step Simple Telephone Prospecting Framework
3. The Three Cardinal Rules of Email Prospecting
Seven Mind-Sets of Fanatical Prospectors
- “Optimistic and enthusiastic.”
- “Thirsty for knowledge.”
- “Systematic and efficient.”
- “Adaptive and flexible.”
Five-Step Simple Telephone Prospecting Framework
- “Get their attention.”
- “Identify yourself.”
- “Tell them why you are calling.”
- “Bridge – give them a ‘because’”
- “Ask for what you want, and shut up.”
The Three Cardinal Rules of Email Prospecting
- “Your email must get delivered.”
- “Your email must get opened.”
- “Your email must convert.”
Like this summary? We’d Like to invite you to download our free 12 min app, for more amazing summaries and audiobooks.
“Fanatical Prospecting” QuotesThere is no easy button in sales. Prospecting is hard, emotionally draining work, and it is the price you have to pay to earn a high income. Click To Tweet Law of the Universe: Nothing happens until something moves. Law of Business: Nothing happens until someone sells something. Click To Tweet Here is the brutal reality. If you don't have a plan, you will become a part of someone else's plan. You can either take control of your life or someone else will use you to enhance theirs. It's your choice. Click To Tweet The enduring mantra of the fanatical prospector is: One more call. Click To Tweet Elite salespeople, like elite athletes, track everything. You will never reach peak performance until you know your numbers and use those numbers to make directional corrections. Click To Tweet
Learn more and more, in the speed that the world demands.